Corporate Partner Support
The American Academy of Dermatology values the support it receives from its corporate partners. Funding is used to further the Academy’s mission of promoting leadership in dermatology and excellence in patient care through education, research and advocacy.
The consistent support of corporate partners allows the Academy to provide a wide variety of programs and services to its members and is vital to the continued advancement of the specialty of dermatology. Some of the programs and services that have been provided through your generous support are:
- Enhancements to the Annual and Summer Academy Meetings. This includes the session handouts on CD, audience response systems and e-posters exhibit area, just to name a few.
- Housing and airfare to the Annual Meeting, the Practice Management Symposium for Residents, Dialogues in Dermatology and DermClips provided free of charge to residents.
- Education about how and why the public should see dermatologists through our SKINnovations program, patient information pamphlets and Dermatology A-Z on the Academy’s website.
- Resources for our members, including the online Membership Directory, Dermatology World, Directions in Residency and Young Physician Focus newsletters.
- A variety of educational programs for our members, including the AAD Regional Derm Exam Prep Course, DermClips, Dialogues in Dermatology and many others.
- Subscriptions to the various publications of the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology.
- Practice management coding and reimbursement courses and other workshops, as well as a subscription to Derm Coding Consult newsletter.
- The opportunity for more than 300 children to attend AAD Camp Discovery annually and to provide shade to each day for nearly 158,000 individuals via the AAD Shade Structure Program, funded via our humanitarian programs.
- In-kind contributions of products and medical supplies needed to perform the procedures for live patient demonstration sessions that take place at Annual and Summer Academy Meetings.
It is with the generous support of corporate partners, many of these programs and activities are able to take place. We extend our thanks and gratitude for all you do in support of the Academy.
2013 Leaders in Giving Partnering Opportunities Booklet
This booklet features a wide range of opportunities available for support. Opportunities can be searched by target audience, topic, course/conference, dollar amount and keyword. New opportunities are also posted as they become available throughout the year. In addition, the online component also comes with a quick search through the booklet's table of contents. Search the 2013 Leaders in Giving Partnering Opportunities Booklet.
Learn more about how to partner with the Academy by emailing Senior Manager, Corporate Relations, Miriam J. St. Jon, MS, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2013 Non-CME Promotional Information Program Application
The Academy is offering companies the right to hold a non-CME Promotional Informational Program (PIP). There are a number of PIPs available on different evenings during the Annual and Summer Academy Meetings. These are non-CME on label programs, and the cost will be $25,000. AAD will provide the room. Food, AV, etc. is extra and set up through AAD vendors. They will take place in the evening-probably for a 2-3 hour period and will be in one of the AAD block hotels. For more information, please contact Miriam St. Jon, Senior Manager, Corporate Relations at (847) 240-1401 or via email at email@example.com.
Corporate Partner Policy Downloads